Western Insulation provide a cavity wall insulation service to clients in Galway, Limerick, Mayo, Roscommon, Clare, Tipperary, Westmeath, Longford, Leitrim, Offaly and Cavan.
The Benefits Of Cavity Wall Insulation
With over 30% of heat loss through your external walls, cavity wall insulation offers a simple and cost effective means of reducing the heat loss through external walls provided there is a continuous cavity present. The majority of homes in Ireland were built with cavity wall construction since the 1930’s. Cavity wall insulation will,
– Significantly reduce heat loss during the winter months and result in smaller fuel bills,
– Prevent heat build up in warm summer months,
– Result in an even temperature and more comfortable home,
– Prevent condensation on walls and ceilings,
– Reduces your carbon dioxide emissions, the biggest cause of climate change,
How It Works
A series of 22mm holes are bored into the external walls of the building, they can also be drilled internally if required this method is commonly carried out on new builds. A boroscope test is carried out which involves looking into the cavity to establish the suitability for cavity for insulation. Once this is determined bead insulation along with an adhesive are then pumped into the cavity using specialist equipment and the holes are then filled on completion. Cavity full fill is achieved every time.