Western Insulation provide Air Tightness Testing to clients in Galway, Limerick, Mayo, Clare, Roscommon, Westmeath, Longford, Leitrim, Cavan, Tipperary, and Offaly
Reduce Energy Costs Reduce Carbon Emissions
Increase Comfort in Living Standards
Air Tightness Testing is a method of quantifying the actual amount of air changes that occur in a building fabric, therefore highlighting heat loss in your building.
- Under floor ventilator grilles.
- Gaps in and around suspended timber floors.
- Leaky windows or doors.
- Pathways through floor/ceiling voids into cavity walls and then to the outside.
- Gaps around windows.
- Gaps at the ceiling-to-wall joint at the eaves.
- Open chimneys.
- Gaps around loft hatches.
- Service penetrations through ceilings.
- Vents penetrating the ceiling/roof.
- Bathroom wall vent or extract fan.
- Gaps around bathroom waste pipes.
- Kitchen wall vent or extractor fan.
- Gaps around kitchen waste pipes.
- Gaps around floor-to-wall joints.
- Gaps in and around electrical fittings in hollow walls.
Air Tightness Testing for New Builds
Provisional Test: Test your house before plastering to find any leaks. This is the easest & cheapest time to rectify any problems. – Prevention is better than cure!
Final Test: This Test will be carried out on completion of the building. It will give you the air changes per hour and the results will be the official result and will be used in the B.E.R Calculation
Air Tightness Testing for Existing Buildings
Smoke Test: We can find any source of air leakage in your house that is leading to draughts & heat loss. We will compile a report on the severity of all the problem areas found & recommendations on improvements